Blog about our friend Jonathan Sir Hendrey,1975-2007

Since Jonathan loved technology and was an avid blogger and blog reader, I created this so that we could post our thoughts and memories about him. I would like to show this to his mom, dad, brother Michael and sister-in-law Sarah in awhile so they can read it and see how much he was loved.

I am going to really miss you, Jonathan!

28 December 2007

Things I loved about Jonathan

He used words I hadn't heard of before, ever.

If wewere Sametiming or talking about a subject,he woul race to wikipedia and inform himself in 2.6 seconds about the subject an contribute tremendously to our conversation.

He loved good food. When he was tasting something, he would close his eyes as if he were focusing on all powers on his taste faculties, move his hands around, and then make describe the taste of the item, be it chocolate chip cookies, pho, foie gras, or a new soft drink. This made me laugh like a little kid.

Jonathan would always give me the straight dope on personal matters when I asked him for advice.

When he saw that I was upset, or sick, which is hard because he said that I cover my feelings up like a Vulcan, he had the intensest care for me and wanted to know what was wrong. I have rarely encountered this in another guy, because most of us just want to talk about surface stuff, or express our affection by taking little pot shots at each other.

He and I would take long walks around Town Lake (now Lady Bird Lake), here in Austin and talk about the coolest subjects. He also loved to go to the Arboretum or Barton Creek Mall and look at the clothes at Banana Republic or Express.

I loved the way he would call me on my phone and say "KEVIN!" in this low voice.

He and I used to mess with each other's cars in the IBM parking lot. I would pull the windshield wipers up so they would be saluting him when he came out in the evening. He would leave me funny notes that were very odd on my windshield. Once, when I was messing with his wipers, my chocolate malt from Culvers spilled all over his windshield!! I tried to clean it up,but it was obvious that I was making more of a mess. He was not happy, and got me back my changing the screensaver on my home PC to a pic of something really horrible.

No comments: